About Quality Homes
With over 30+ years of experience, Quality Homes of Rochester Provides a range of Professional Home Improvement, Renovation & Remodeling Services in Rochester, NY.
About the role
We are looking for an Apprentice Carpenter who will support the Lead Carpenter in all aspects of the project, including general tasks such as site protection, cleaning, moving materials and other logistical tasks. They will also use their carpentry skills to support the Lead Carpenter in demolition, rough framing, drywall, cabinetry installation, finishing carpentry and painting.
- General and selective demolition of cabinetry, flooring, drywall, and other internal structures as needed
- Construct, install, and repair structures and fixtures of wood, plywood and wallboard
- Install materials as specified, using hand tools, machines, or power tools
- Assemble and fasten materials to make frameworks and props, using hand tools
- Perform rough framing following measurements and specifications called out on construction drawings
- Drywall patching as needed
- Maintain daily job site cleanliness to Quality Homes standards
- Debris collection, sorting and preparation for removal, as needed
- Minimum age of 18
- Excellent knowledge of English
- 2 years of experience with residential construction projects.
- Physically able to do the work, including lifting heavy objects up to 100lbs
Compensation & Benefits
- $15 to $17 an hour
- Health Insurance
- 401K Match
- Workers Insurance